Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommended Gilded Tools
Remington's Skilling Points Shop Guide

[Image: 5Y3VXAL.png]
Greetings Etherealians, I get so many questions about what tools to purchase. I will be giving you my personal ranking chart on what tools you should focus on and choose first. Click here if you need a reminder on what the tools do.

S++ Tier:
Golden Tinderbox (non-donors): AFK Firemaking. Extremely cheap as well puts this at #1.
Golden Hammer: Wildly increase XP and items per hour when smelting, smithing or creating cannonballs.
Golden Needle: Significantly faster XP/h and save items per action when processing leather.
Golden Knife: Significantly increase XP/h and items processed when Fletching.
Golden Chisel: Significantly increase XP/h and items processed when Crafting. You may decide to delay this purchase until you have a large stockpile of uncut gems.
Barrel of Fish: Double AFK time at fishing.
Golden Glassblowing Pipe: Blowing glass is essentially free, extremely consistent with access to supplies in the store and solid XP/h
Essence Pouches: Increase your XP rates SIGNIFICANTLY when training Runecrafting.

A Tier:
Cooking Gloves: Save food by burning less food and increase XP/h.
Bottomless Compost Bucket: Save bank and inventory space when Farming.
Large Water Container: Save bank and inventory space when Farming.
Karambwan Vessel: Unlock Karambwan fishing.

B Tier:
Goldsmith Gauntlets: Smelting gold bars is significantly more XP/h but I recommend grinding the higher level ores instead.
Golden Pestle and Mortar: Significantly faster to access some Herblore secondaries.

C Tier:
Gloves of Silence: Chance reduction at failing thieving is mediocre and stalls are more recommended for AFKing.
Barbarian Fishing Rod: Barbarian fishing is not very AFK and XP rates are mediocre.

D Tier:
Dragon Pickaxe (or): Only good use is to complete the Mining Achievement diary.
Bonecrusher: XP is halved at burying rates, much better to utilize magic notepaper on the bones that matter. Unlocking the pet makes this virtually useless.
Smoldering Stone: Upgrade dragon tools to infernal tools.

F Tier:
Enhanced Crystal Key: You can get the keys anywhere else and by the time you're ready to purchase F Tier items, you probably already have full Crystal and Dragonstone. Drops are relatively good but you'd be much better off spending the points elsewhere.
Bag of Gems: Only good to spend points on after purchasing everything else.
Ice Gauntlets: Lava Eels suck.
Herb Box: Herbs are mostly low-mid level.

Seed Pack: Seeds are plentiful as is.
Cave Worms: Kyren fish (non-Diamond donators) are very difficult to access and current heal boost (+1 over Anglers) makes this not worth farming. Donors have access to purchase these for GP.
Spottier Cape: Worthless outside of wilderness and usefulness in wilderness is mediocre.
Boots of Lightness: Worthless outside of wilderness and usefulness in wilderness is mediocre.
Golden Tinderbox (donors): You already have access to the Bonfire in the middle of the island. Completely worthless.
Pet Rabbit: XP boost is so low it's not worth using almost ever.
Coal Bag: Purchase this from Motherlode Mine.
Crystal Saw: Construction levels come relatively fast and cheap, you seldom will run into a time that you need the level boost.
Dragon Harpoon (or): Only good if you can't access the normal dragon harpoon.
Dragon Axe (or): Only good if you can't access the normal dragon axe.
Magic Butterfly Net: Chinchompas are much more XP/h and useful and I've never personally failed a catch with a normal net.